Thursday, 23 April 2015

Task 6 - Production

Week beginning 04/05/15 

3D Arm and Gun Model 



First I started of With picking my 3D models I went with an arm model to begin with because I found it easier to animate. The problem I actually had was finding a gun suitable enough for my animation so I had to change my Idea a little bit and make to animation fit the gun I found but after that I did not really struggle to put the bones and the controller into the models because I was shown how to do it correctly but theses are the models I deiced to use for my animation.

Week beginning 11/05/15

Bones and Skelegons




In the above you can see that I have placed Skelegons in my arm models which I did in modeler and then after that you can see that I have turned them into Bones in LightWave I did this by going to set up and then clicking on Skelegons this turned them into bones. To use the objects we would then parent them to which I have talked about in the below but it isn't a hard process to do but after you've done that you can move the bones with the object to any position you would like to.

Week beginning 18/05/15

Parenting and Controller 

 



Here you can see that I have Parented my bones and set them in position to fit around the handle of the Guns. All of the bones then lead to the controller which I can use to move all the objects at one I have done this with the gun but the difference with this is that when I move the handle of the gun it will only move all of the gun parts with it but I have made it so that you can move the gun parts such as the barrel and the ammo magazine on there own. Another thing I did was by making the forearm the main controller I was able to move the hand at the same time as the gun. This helped me to make the gun look like it was being fired which is what I was trying to do during the animation.

Week beginning 01/06/15

Rendering


First I started with a test frame for my rendering I was happy with what this looked like so I then moved on to Rendering out some of the animations I made because I decided to do it in parts rather than doing it as one big video which I regret doing now because it takes longer doing individual videos but this did take me a few days to do and I was happy with the results of some of my videos because I believe they looked really good and of a professional standard.

Week beginning 08/06/15

Texturing


After doing my test render I decided to add Textures to my arms and Gun so I went into the Surface editor and applied textures to the objects. for my arm i used a skin texture and for my gun I used a dark Iron texture this worked well and looked even better when I rendered my videos and I found it to look better than I expected it to.  











No comments:

Post a Comment